Reach For The Stars | Jennifer Beason
Hello Everyone! Today I have a project to share that I made for my little boy’s room. The Wander collection is still one of my favorites and perfect for a fun, home decor project like this. Here’s how it was done.
I drilled a 1/2″ hole into the center of a 5″ round wooden base. Then covered the sides and top surface with patterned paper. A thin border was cut from some patterned paper and then adhered around the bottom edge.
I used the Silhouette to cut three small stars out of green patterned paper and a larger star element from some teal cardstock. The larger star element was glued onto the top of the wood base and then chipboard letters were placed around the edge, along with the smaller stars and some small buttons.
Next I took a 4″ styro-foam ball and drilled a 1/2″ hole in the center. I used a 1″ circle punch to cut some circles out of green patterned paper. The circles were then used to cover the ball. A 6″ long dowel was then pushed through the ball and glued into place, leaving about an inch of the dowel out on one end.
Chipboard stars were covered with paper and then adhered to the ball.
I embellished the ball with stick pins, some border strips cut from patterned paper, buttons and an additional star element (cut on the Silhouette).
The spaceship I used, is actually a birdhouse that I purchased from a craft store.
First I drilled a 1/2″ hole at the bottom of the rocket . The wings were removed, then covered with patterned paper. Because of the shape, I covered the body of the ship in four pieces, keeping the seams to the side.
The nose of the ship was covered, then a zig-zag border strip, cut on the Silhouette was added to give a nice finished look. I cut out some decorative strips from the Wander doily sheet and glue them to the top, middle section, where the seam met and bottom edge of the ship.
A chipboard ring was glued around the rocket’s window and the wings were glued back on.
To finish the piece, I poured a little glue into the center hole of the base and then inserted the short end of the dowel. Then the rocket was attached to the other end of the dowel using some hot glue.