Mary Rogers: My daughter is special needs and autistic so I don’t usually get the ordinary teenager photos of her, or any at all if she isn’t interested.Capturing her everyday and documenting our struggles is just part of why I scrapbook. I want to tell her story and I want to make sure everyone knows that it is okay to capture and journal the not so perfect moments too.
I used the new “Hey Girl” Collection for my layout, which just so happened to perfectly match her PJ’s (it’s the little things). The photos really tell the story, so my emphasis was on those. I used a small frame I created and placed it over each photo giving them a bit of definition. For the rest of my layout, I just started resizing and placing layers of papers and elements. The circle stitches anchored the photo section to the page. I kept much of the white space and added a bit of brush work, a date stamp and a heart border along the bottom (from an older BG Collection, Phresh and Phrunky). My final touch was adding the journaling.
The winner of the Moda Blog Hop giveaway prize pack is Lyn! Lyn, please e-mail email@example.com with your shipping information to claim your prize. Congrats!
Melissa Phillips: The Herbs & Honey collection is a little bit of everything that I love from weathered, wood plank paper to floral patterned paper that remind me of one of my grandma’s aprons.
I chose to mix the weathered with the floral to create a soft but rustic card set using the Herbs & Honey Snippets, Wood Die Cuts, Printed Chipboard Shapes, and Die Cuts and Transparencies.
One of my most favorite features in this collection are the small die cut nail heads…they take a simple card to the next level and I love the feel they bring.
Lisa Dickinson: This colorful art print inspired me to create a similar background for a scrapbook page, using punched squares of patterned paper from the new BG Capture and Mon Ami collections.
I used a piece of kraft card stock cut to 8.5″x9.5″ as a base, and adhered squares to cover it.
My title is a mix of a die cut word and the new chipboard letters, which resemble Scrabble pieces.
Since some of the squares in the Blueprint appear to be raised, I used foam adhesive to pop up some of the squares on my page. I added some small chipboard pieces to further embellish the background and add even more touches of dimension.